Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikro Tik
https://confusedbird.com/thread-55.html

I've copied in the thread where another forum user experienced the same thing using CA with the LHG, which made my mind up not to purchase. Personally I'd stick with band 3 with that LHG. looks like good speeds. HNY
(01/01/2021, 03:33 PM)Comsman Wrote: https://confusedbird.com/thread-55.html

I've copied in the thread where another forum user experienced the same thing using CA with the LHG, which made my mind up not to purchase. Personally I'd stick with band 3 with that LHG. looks like good speeds. HNY

Thanks, ill have a look through that one
Unfortunately Emilia had no luck with the latency spikes on her LHG LTE6 dish with band 3+20 CA. She even bought a second one thinking the first was faulty and raised a support request with MikroTik, but they were unable to resolve the issue. She went into detail about her issues in the following post:
https://confusedbird.com/thread-16-post-183.html#pid183

The problem with band 20 is that the 800MHz wavelength is too large for the dish to focus it, so acts more like an omni-directional antenna on that low band. It can focus the shorter 1800MHz wavelength, which explains why it's a lot more stable on band 3.

You can try enabling cell lock to the band 3 cell in case it's cycling back and forth between the band 3 and 20 cell as the primary cell. To do this, first check what cells are available by typing the following command in the terminal section:
/interface lte cell-monitor lte1

The band 3 cell with the least negative RSRQ is likely the one you're currently connected to. For example, if the earfcn is 1700 and the cell ID is 10, the following command locks the router to this as the primary cell:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*Cell=2,3,,1700,10"
(Replace 1700 and 10 with the chosen earfcn and cell ID in your list)

To remove the cell lock, type:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*Cell=0"

MikroTik has a Wiki that goes into more detail about the cell lock:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:In..._Cell_lock

If the issue remains, I suggest disabling the cell lock and deselecting band 20 as Comnsman also suggests, then fine tune the alignment to see if you can get the SINR reading any higher on band 3. Try also selecting band 1 to see if the mast operates on the 2100MHz band, which could give 3+1 CA. ComReg has allowed the operators to temporarily reprovision 3G band 1 for 4G use until April, so if you're lucky, that mast may also provide 4G on 2100MHz (until April).
(01/01/2021, 06:38 PM)Seán Wrote: Unfortunately Emilia had no luck with the latency spikes on her LHG LTE6 dish with band 3+20 CA.  She even bought a second one thinking the first was faulty and raised a support request with MikroTik, but they were unable to resolve the issue.  She went into detail about her issues in the following post:
https://confusedbird.com/thread-16-post-183.html#pid183

The problem with band 20 is that the 800MHz wavelength is too large for the dish to focus it, so acts more like an omni-directional antenna on that low band.  It can focus the shorter 1800MHz wavelength, which explains why it's a lot more stable on band 3. 

You can try enabling cell lock to the band 3 cell in case it's cycling back and forth between the band 3 and 20 cell as the primary cell.  To do this, first check what cells are available by typing the following command in the terminal section:
/interface lte cell-monitor lte1

The band 3 cell with the least negative RSRQ is likely the one you're currently connected to.  For example, if the earfcn is 1700 and the cell ID is 10, the following command locks the router to this as the primary cell:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*Cell=2,3,,1700,10"
(Replace 1700 and 10 with the chosen earfcn and cell ID in your list)

To remove the cell lock, type:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*Cell=0"

MikroTik has a Wiki that goes into more detail about the cell lock:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:In..._Cell_lock

If the issue remains, I suggest disabling the cell lock and deselecting band 20 as Comnsman also suggests, then fine tune the alignment to see if you can get the SINR reading any higher on band 3.  Try also selecting band 1 to see if the mast operates on the 2100MHz band, which could give 3+1 CA.  ComReg has allowed the operators to temporarily reprovision 3G band 1 for 4G use until April, so if you're lucky, that mast may also provide 4G on 2100MHz (until April).
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply. Checked cell monitor and all i have from the mast is B3 and B20, I have B20 deselected due to the latency issues. Only shame is i hadn't found your forum before buying one. I will try fine tuning its position tomorrow to see can i improve the SINR.
Hi Sean,

Been a while since I posted anything, no need as everything is working great.

I decided to read back over the thread as you always get more when you read back over old ground.  I'm curious as to what will happen to band 1 in April.  I'm getting great band 1 and band 3 with the LHG dish. I've reread the comments on band 20 with the LHG six dish. I might give the LHG six a try on band 1 & 3. 
What u reckon?
I see ComReg has a publication on potential further extension of the temporary spectrum rights, so it looks like 700MHz (band 28) and 2100MHz (band 3) will remain active until October:
https://www.comreg.ie/publication/covid-...-framework

Based on the issues I've seen with others with the LHG LTE6 model having with latency issues even on a single band, I would not recommend purchasing it if you don't already have it. Its Ethernet port is also limited to 100Mbps, so its top speed will be just below this even during off peak periods.

MikroTik has a newer LHGG LTE6 kit. It has a more powerful processor and a gigabit Ethernet port, so should be able to give better performance aggregating bands 1 and 3. So far I haven't heard any feedback on this other than it does not work well with band 20 like the other dish models. None of the LHG dish models support band 28.
Thanks Sean.

I wasn't aware of the LHGG but it looks very interesting. Might give it a go and post results here.
Just to update - It looks like the LHGG LTE6 is not capable of aggregating band 1 with 3. The SXT LTE6 is incapable of aggregating band 1 with 3 going by the CA capabilities in its brochure and this post.

The LHGG LTE6 uses the same R11e-LTE6 modem as the SXT LTE6, so while the the LHGG LTE6 brochure does not mention its CA capabilities, it is very likely the same as the SXT LTE6.

I posted some further info in this post:
https://confusedbird.com/thread-76-post-788.html#pid788
I bought one of the LHGG units recently. Quite easy to set up. as Sean says it doesn't have the ability to aggregate B1 and B3.
The reason I bought it was that I have a Huawei B818 router and ATK-LOG antenna that can pick up a weak B3 tower about 50% of the time, but it disappeared in the noise during bad weather. When it was good it would provide 50 - 60 Mb/s download and an SINR of 5 , but not reliable enough.

The LHGG LTE6 gives a pretty solid connection to that same B3 tower, even though the SINR is around the same. The difference is that even if it dips a little below 0db in bad weather the same speed is maintained and the connection isn't lost as previously.

The only problems I am having with the LTE6 is that CA with B20 is rubbish, also the download speed vs the B818 on B3 is about half. It never goes above 35Mb/s no matter what the signal is. I have even locked it to the same cell to make sure. Strange thing is, the upload speed is actually better than the B818, at around 27Mb/s . Some dodgy software problem, or just bad modem compared to the Huawei.

This is on the Eir network BTW
If you are on RouterOS 6.x, it might be worth upgrading to 7.x to see if it improves the download speed as I've heard it performs better with LTE based routers. The MikroTik Chateau LTE12 comes with RouterOS 7 factory preinstalled despite still being a beta release. If I recall right, upgrading requires a factory reset as the RouterOS 7.x configuration is not fully backwards compatible. Unfortunately, this will not do anything for band 20 as the dish does not concentrate the larger 800MHz wavelength, so is effectively like an omni-directional antenna on band 20.

The faster upload speed is mainly due to no cable attenuation. When your B818 transmits on band 3, it loses around 0.5dB per metre with most good quality coaxial cables. So a 10 metre cable means the transmitted signal is 5dB weaker before it even reaches the antenna. With the LHGG LTE6, there's no cable loss and the dish also concentrates the signal in the direction of the mast.
Yeah, I was on 6.48, I tried the V7 beta4 yesterday to see if it made any difference, but it doesn't seem to. I am happy enough with single band B3 for now. I haven't come across any of the ping or disconnection problems that have been discussed. So far so good. But as you said before in another thread, the older LHG LTE would have sufficed in my case. I only bought the LHGG LTE6 as one came up for the same price as the older LHG LTE unit so I went for it.
Hi Sean,

LHGGLTE6KIT.  looks very neat, a bit heavier than standard LHG dish.  I set it up today and noticed there was no select option for LTE only. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I did have LTE bands 1, 3, 20 selected but noticed at times it does drop back automatically to 3G.

Just wondering if any other forum member has seen this out has a workaround.  I've only been testing it briefly so maybe I missed something. Still a nice piece of kit.

Thanks
I haven't seen the LHGG LTE6 LTE configuration screen, but assuming it's like the Chateau, the 3G / LTE ticks should be above the band selection.  For example, on mine I have '3g' unticked:

You can try also typing the following command in the MikroTik terminal:

/interface lte set network-mode=lte 0

The '0' is a zero.
Only seen this now, but i have the LHGG LTE6. If your viewing it from your phone there is no LTE option to select. But if you log in from your PC you can select GSM, 3G, LTE. As mentioned before, dont even waste your time trying B20 with it. I have a Mikrotik LDF LTE6 that i must test out some day, hopefully that will handle B20 better.
Thanks for that, I had almost written it off but I will give that a go and see if I can find it. Thanks again, fair play. 
Do you think it performs the same as the LHG or better?

Hi again,
Logged in from pc there a few mins ago and don't see LTE toggle. Only see the bands.
Any suggestions welcome
(24/02/2021, 07:16 PM)Comsman Wrote: Thanks for that, I had almost written it off but I will give that a go and see if I can find it. Thanks again, fair play. 
Do you think it performs the same as the LHG or better?

Hi again,
Logged in from pc there a few mins ago and don't see LTE toggle. Only see the bands.
Any suggestions welcome
In Winbox,
Click on interfaces on the left menu bar,
Then on the Interface tab, double click on lte1
Then it will bring up another window where you can select bands and 3g/lte mode.

Many thanks again,. Will try that.

I was talking to my neighbor tonight and he's been trying an ISKRA P58.  numbers weren't great but speeds were. SINR of -5 or there abouts but LTE+ on HuaCtrl app using B628. Seems to be holding for him. RSRP -106... any thoughts on that?

DL 60+
UL 20
(27/02/2021, 09:39 PM)Comsman Wrote: Many thanks again,. Will try that.

I was talking to my neighbor tonight and he's been trying an ISKRA P58.  numbers weren't great but speeds were. SINR of -5 or there abouts but LTE+ on HuaCtrl app using B628. Seems to be holding for him. RSRP -106... any thoughts on that?

DL 60+
UL 20

Just one or two at 90° to each other.
2 antennas 96cm apart as recommended, 90 degrees to each other. Still seems to be holding, checked again this Eve. 

He tried the Yagi logs, same setup, got about 40+ but the P58 seems to be out performing it.... So far.  Thoughts
I reckon the Iskra P-58's additional gain on band 20 is helping with speed. I'm surprised how negative the SINR is as this indicates it's still picking up a lot of interference from a neighbouring mast, likely within 45 degrees of the target mast. On the other hand, the P-58 would help better isolate some of the interference than the shorter LOGs due to the narrower beam angle as the LOGs likely have a beam angle of around 60 degrees on band 20.